How it works
1. Check you're on the cheapest deal
Tell us your energy details and we'll do a full market comparison to check you’re not overpaying on your current deal. If not, great; if you are, we’ll help you switch.
2. Constantly monitor your tariff
Energy bills move all the time. Just because your tariff is cheapest now, doesn’t mean it always will be. This is because yours may get more expensive and the competition’s may get cheaper.
3. Email you when it’s time to switch again
When the time is right for you to switch based on your current tariff and preferences, we’ll alert you by email and show you the best deals.
- Direct debit is cheapest.
Pay this way to get a 5-10% discount.
- Only cost & customer service change.
Pipes, circuits and the actual gas or electricity are the same.
- Make sure you're billed correctly.
Send your supplier regular meter readings to make sure you're only billed for what you use.
- Prepay customers can save too.
You can still switch on a prepay meter and Cheap Energy Club will work for you.
- If you’re in debt you may need to pay.
If you owe your current supplier you may need to pay it before it’ll let you switch.
How switching works
- Tell us your details.
Give us your address, current supplier and usage and we’ll quickly find the cheapest supplier and tariff for you (it’s different for everyone).
- Choose the tariff you want to switch to.
Decide which tariff you want to switch to. MoneySupermarket sends your application to the new supplier to process.
- Your cooling-off period begins.
After you submit your application to switch, there's a cooling-off period – usually about 14 days. You can cancel the new switch any time during this period.
- Your old supplier gets notified – you don’t need to contact it.
The new supplier contacts the old supplier. Don’t cancel your direct debit balance yet.
- Take a final meter reading.
Give this to your old supplier to ensure you get an accurate final bill. You may have a balance to pay or get a refund if you’ve overpaid.
- Get a welcome email from your supplier.
Your new supplier will send you a welcome email confirming the process is complete.
- Cashback’s paid in to your account!
You’ll get your cashback two to three months after the day you applied to switch.